Arnold Richardson was CSIR's Deputy Chief Executive Officer from 1938 to 1946 and Chief Executive Officer from 1946 to 1949. He was also a Member of the Executive Committee to the Advisory Council of Science and Industry from 1917 to 1926 and Member of the Executive Committee, CSIR from 1926 to 1949.
Dr Richardson's qualifications included:
|1924||Doctor of Science, University of Melbourne|
|1910||Master of Arts, University of Adelaide|
|1908||Bachelor of Science, University of Adelaide|
|1907||Bachelor of Arts, University of Adelaide|
|1902||Diploma, Roseworthy Agricultural College|
In addition to his work at CSIR, Dr Richardson held a number of other positions including:
|1935‑36||Foundation President, Australian Institute of Agricultural Science|
|1932||Official Adviser, Australian Delegation, Imperial Economic Conference, Ottawa|
|1927||Commonwealth delegate, First Imperial Agricultural Research Conference, London|
|1924‑37||Waite Professor of Agriculture and Director of Waite Agricultural Research Institute, University of Adelaide|
|1919‑24||First dean of the reconstructed Faculty of Agriculture and first director of the School of Agriculture, University of Melbourne|
|1917-||Part-time lecturer, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Melbourne and a member of the committee to inquire into the teaching of agriculture|
|1911‑24||Superintendent of Agriculture, Victoria|
|1911||Acting Director of Agriculture, Victoria|
|1908‑10||Assistant Director of Agriculture, South Australia|
Arnold Richardson was made Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George in 1938.
The south wing of the Waite Institute was named the AEV Richardson Laboratory in 1977.
- Biographical entry: Richardson, Arnold Edwin Victor 1883-1949 (Encyclopedia of Australian Science) [external link]
- Richardson, Arnold Edwin Victor 1883-1949 (Australian Dictionary of Biography) [external link]